Frequently Asked Questions
1. What product categories do you service?
- We service Sony audio/video products such as WEGA Trinitron TV, Bravia LCD, Cybershot and Handycam camcorder. Playstation and VIAO repairs are subject to certain conditions.
- We also accept Aiwa, my|phone and my|screen products.
2. Why should I bring my Sony unit to SolidService and not to other repair shops?
- SolidService is the only service center in the Philippines authorized by Sony.
- Our nationwide network of 33 branches covers major cities in NCR, Luzon, Visayas & Mindanao.
- We offer quality service by friendly capable frontliners and well-trained competent technicians
- We provide genuine parts and accessories
3. Do you sell spare parts?
- We do not sell spare parts. We only repair your defective units.
4. Do you sell accessories?
- Yes. We carry a wide range of accessories for your Sony products such as chargers, batteries, carrying cases, headphones, remote controls, etc.
5. Why does it sometimes take so long for my set to be repaired?
- We aim to repair your set at the shortest possible time.
- Delays occur due to various uncontrollable circumstances such as parts unavailability.
6. Do you repair Sony models purchased abroad?
- Yes, we repair most Sony models even if purchased abroad.
- For units covered with international warranty SolidService honors the following:
- Warranty Bridge Agreement with SONY GULF for selected distributors from UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar
- Tourist Limited Warranty (TLW) issued for Sony cameras (Digicam, Cybershot and DSLR) that are bought from tourist markets including Asia Pacific, Hongkong, Korea, Japan, Europe and Latin American regions (USA not included). For more details click here
Units without warranty certificates are still accepted but will be considered as chargeable.
7. Can you still repair my very old Sony set?
- We generally carry spare parts for Sony products years after its manufacturing has been discontinued in the market. However, repair of your old Sony set depends on parts availability.
8. How are your repair charges?
- We assure you of reasonable and competitive pricing for both our spare parts and labor charges. Moreover, we provide warranty in compliance with DTI’s Consumer Welfare Standards.
9. Can I trade-in my defective unit/s?
- On a case-to-case basis, we offer trade-in products for units that are no longer economical to repair, or when spare parts are no longer available.
* Limited to same category for similar model